Tuesday 12 February 2008

Grails

With the recent announcement of Grails version 1.0, it is time to give it another try! This time I went to the screencasts, then downloaded the binary release and started fiddling. Creating a CRUD web application could not be easier with scaffolding feature. Domain objects with relationships can also be handled by following this tutorial.

I also came across another tutorial that I thought would allow Grails to connect to existing EJBs in an existing container. You would actually need to copy the POJO implementations into the project in order to make it work.

Overall, I really like its features ease of use and I reckon it has a great potential to penetrate the enterprise market in the future. It is based on well known and enterprise-ready frameworks: Spring, Hibernate, and Groovy. Well done guys!
blog comments powered by Disqus
Share |